1. What are the benefits of Hyperiforce® St. John's wort tablets?
Hyperiforce® St. John's wort is used to relieve mild anxiety, low mood and other similar symptoms.
2. How long will it take for the benefits of Hyperiforce® St. John's wort to appear?
You should start to feel a benefit within 6 weeks of starting Hyperiforce®. If you do not feel any benefits or if your symptoms worsen, you should consult your doctor.
3. Can I take Hypericum extracts with my sleeping tablets?
Please read the Hyperiforce® St. John's wort tablet in-pack leaflet to check if the prescribed medicine you are taking is on the list of medicines contraindicated with all St. John's wort preparations.
4. Can I take Hypericum extracts if I am on the Pill?
No. Like other products containing St. John's wort, Hyperiforce® may interfere with the action of the Pill and other hormone-based contraceptives, such as Depo-Provera.
5. How long can I take Hypericum extracts for?
Hyperiforce® can be taken for as long as you feel it to be necessary, provided that you stick to the recommended dosage. Speak to your doctor if you do not feel the benefit of taking St. John's wort extracts, or if your symptoms are worsen.
6. Will I notice any side effects from taking Hyperiforce® St. John's wort?
Like all medicines, this product can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Side effects of St. John's wort extracts may include minor digestive symptoms and skin reactions. These are only found occasionally (in less than 1 in every 1,000 people) and usually resolve after a short period of time.
Side effects in the form of skin reactions are more likely to occur if you take more than the recommended dosage. If this happens to you, stop taking St. John's wort. Please read the in-pack leaflet for more details of the side effects of Hyperiforce® St. John's wort tablets.
7. Why does the information leaflet for Hyperiforce® have a warning for peanut allergy suffers when there aren’t any peanut products on the ingredients list?
A percentage of people with an allergy to peanuts may also find themselves to be allergic to soya polysaccharide. Soya polysaccharide is one of the excipients in Hyperiforce® tablets and therefore the warning is put there as a precaution for people with peanut allergy.