1. What are the benefits of Echinaforce®?
Our Echinacea drops and tablets may be used to relieve the symptoms of the common cold and flu, helping the body fight these and other similar infections of the upper respiratory tract.
2. How does it work?
It helps maintain the body's resistance by supporting the immune system. The benefit of this is that the body is able to fight the symptoms of cold, flu and upper respiratory tract infections better.
3. Are summer colds different from ordinary common colds experienced during the winter?
No, these are similar infections and although they may give rise to different symptoms they will behave and respond to treatment in the same way.
4. How do I know if I have the flu?
It can sometimes be difficult to tell. Flu (or influenza) produces similar symptoms to the common cold but these are usually more severe. In addition, you may experience fever, sweats and muscle aches.
5. Can I take Echinaforce® if I’m due to have the flu jab or vaccination?
Whilst there are no contraindications for the use of Echinacea drops or tablets either immediately before or after the flu vaccination, if you currently have a cold or flu infection, you should speak to the person administering the vaccine to confirm that you are able to proceed with it.
Getting sufficient sleep may also help to improve one’s response to vaccinations. Research has suggested that we may not get the maximum benefit from the flu jab, in terms of our body’s ability to produce sufficient antibodies, if we regularly sleep less than 6 hours per night.1
6. What is a head cold?
There really is no proper definition for the term 'head cold'. It is a commonly used expression usually indicating that symptoms, such as a blocked nose or sore throat, are confined to the head.
7. I have glaucoma and can’t take some cold and flu remedies because they contain antihistamines. Can I use Echinaforce®?
Yes, you can use Echinaforce®. There are no known reasons why people with glaucoma should not use Echinaforce®.
8. Will Echinaforce® affect my blood pressure? It is high and I have been told not to use some cold and flu remedies.
There are no known problems for people with high blood pressure taking Echinaforce®, which is an extract of freshly harvested Echinacea purpurea.